By Jai P Narain
This vital and finished quantity makes a speciality of the epidemiological and programmatic elements of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Asia. The individuals speak about the dynamics and determinants of HIV and canopy quite a lot of pertinent themes regarding prevention, care and therapy. those include:
- The well-being, financial, socio-cultural and defense dimensions of HIV/AIDS
- good fortune tales in HIV prevention and care together with a hundred% condom programme
- Antiretroviral remedy and the “3 via five” initiative
- administration of HIV and sexually-transmitted infections
- Drug-related HIV
- HIV vaccine development
- The function of NGOs
- Country-specific HIV reports
The members spotlight the teachings discovered in Asia in responding to the problem posed through HIV and the good fortune accomplished through many nations. as well as HIV prevention, facilitating entry to care—including antiretroviral treatment—despite the various difficulties is now an issue of an important significance. Scaling up of cutting edge techniques confirmed powerful in different places is usually an issue of significant urgency.
This quantity might be helpful for all these engaged in scuffling with HIV in the course of the international. specifically, it is going to be of enormous use to all these enthusiastic about HIV/AIDS keep watch over programmes, public health and wellbeing pros, well-being care employees, coverage makers, health and wellbeing directors, as additionally foreign companies and NGOs and community-based businesses.
Read Online or Download AIDS in Asia: The Challenge Continues PDF
Best medical diseases books
The 1st consolidated textbook explaining the mechanism of medical symptoms generally obvious in drugs. Mechanisms of scientific symptoms is the 1st consolidated textual content of its sort; designed to assist clinical scholars and junior medical professionals comprehend the pathophysiological mechanisms in the back of scientific indicators. in contrast to current scientific exam textbooks that are predominantly organised via ailment platforms and states, Mechanisms of scientific indicators is prepared by means of physique method; bridging the space among deciding on medical symptoms and knowing the motives in the back of them.
The Oxford guide of Genetics presents a vital review of this advanced topic, distilled into an available structure for basic care practitioners and junior medical professionals. it may be used as an aide memoire to achieve suggestion on facing person sufferers through the operating day, or as a reference textual content to be learn through the years.
Bristol-Myers melanoma Symposia, quantity nine: Mechanisms of Drug Resistance in Neoplastic Cells offers info on either uncomplicated clinical and scientific experiences at the explanations and implications of tumor mobile resistance to universal antineoplastic brokers. The ebook describes the colon melanoma as a version for resistance to antineoplastic medications; mathematical modeling of drug resistance; and the mechanism of prompted gene amplification in mammalian cells.
Malaria is likely one of the oldest recorded illnesses in human heritage, and its 10,000-year dating to primates can educate us why it will likely be essentially the most severe threats to humanity within the twenty first century. during this pathbreaking ebook Loretta Cormier integrates quite a lot of facts from molecular biology, ethnoprimatology, epidemiology, ecology, anthropology, and different fields to bare the intimate relationships among tradition and atmosphere that form the trajectory of a parasite.
- Intrathecal Drug Delivery for Pain and Spasticity E-Book: A Volume in the Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management Series (Interventional ... Techniques in Pain Management)
- Dying Inside: The HIV/AIDS Ward at Limestone Prison (Law, Meaning, And Violence)
- Ramsay's Disease - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and the Unfortunate Creation of 'CFS'
- Psychosomatic Disorders in Adolescents and Young Adults: Proceedings of a Conference Held by the Society for Psychosomatic Research at the Royal College of Physicians, London. November 1960
- Symposium on Clinical Pharmacology: Biochemical Pharmacology (Biochemical pharmacology : Supplement ; v. 23, 1974, no. 2)
Extra info for AIDS in Asia: The Challenge Continues
AIDS in Asia: The Challenge Continues by Jai P Narain